Sunday, March 08, 2009

it really makes a difference

worked at another school on Thur & Fri....the kids were good and I had a good time teaching...its so funny that although there is an "English" language, depending on where you are from, the English (language) is different..and of course working in a school I have to be very mindful of that...on Thursday we were doing an activity which involved scraps of paper and stuff not needed..so as were cleaning up I asked a few student to pick up the garbage...they looked at me like i was crazy...so again I asked them to pick up the trash and put it in the garbage...still that deer in the headlights look...so i realized I was saying it ALL wrong....please pick up the "rubbish" and put it in the "bin"was what I should have been saying all along...lol...on Friday we were working on a science activity about dark and light...the lesson called for us to use "torches" to show light and create shadows and things...in my mind I'm like wow we are going to be using blow torches to demonstrate light, this is a serious assignment...so the other grade level teacher got the supplies for me and brought back the "torches"...they were flashlights...lol..

No comments:

Post a Comment