Saturday, March 28, 2009

Kids asks the darndst things

The past few weeks, Ive been busy with school projects and working so haven't noticed all the funny and crazy things happening around me. This week Ive been working in different primary schools with the babies ages 6-8. You know kids say the darnedest things, for real....I'm at this school working with 1st graders and they are really sweet...and just a very welcoming school...so I'm in class introducing myself and of course the kids notice my accent...so they are guessing where I am from...its always America or Africa????....so we are outside on break..did i mention that the kids get breaks aside from their lunch hour...and yes it is very nice...so they kids are running around having fun and this girl comes up to me and says "are you from America" (of course with a British accent)..I say yes and then she says...why did America tell Israel to bomb Gaza???...you know I'm like WHAT THE MOTHER, WTF, did she just ask me that...lol...needless to say I was floored at the question coming from such a young person..and all I could say was I do not know...wowzers.....

No comments:

Post a Comment